About Me

My photo
Rodeo is where my life started, I grew up riding and breathing horses. Everything I do is about riding, I have several horses that I compete with. These horses mean the world to be and I don't know what i'd do without them. No matter what, I know they will be there for me, through thick and thin. Through good and bad rodeo days. Through the struggles and great times.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rodeo season is on its way.. May 11th will be my first rodeo of the high school spring rodeo season. I am SUPER pumped! Rodeo and horses are the things that I know I can always turn to, no matter the situation. Everytime I sit high up in that saddle, I instantly get butterflies deep in my stomach and I know it's time to rock and roll. I show up to the rodeos to win, to do what I know and do best. The people and the friends that I have met while on my adventures and journeys will stay with me forever. I have met some of my best friends while on the rodeo road, while spending complete weekends with each other, we have made countless memories and friendships that will last forever. One of my favorite quotes that I live by whether practicing or getting ready to run is 'practice is if you are teh worst, but perform as if you are the best'. If you do not have a clear head the day of the rodeo, you might as well turn around and drive back home, rodeo is more of a mental sport more than anything else. "Your performance depends on so many factors only some of which you can control. What you control is your mind and what you mentally bring to the arena". There is so much challenge that goes into doing what I love and there will always be someone better than you. That is where practice plays a huge part, if you don't practice and ride, why are you there? Practice is where the first step comes into winning the rodeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment